Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

shimano xt + east coast trails

649 views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  jdgang 
#1 ·
Just bought shimano xt shifters,front derailler and rear derailler(shadow). How will they hold up with all the sticks,rocks and mud. Thanx.

#7 ·
What version of XT?
With the exception of a small triangle of 3 townships in New Jersey and the coastal region of N Carolina...newer XT does not work on the east coast.But strangely, all SLX and XTR seems to work fine, along with older versions of XT.

No one is sure why.

Shimano did send several technicians out...but they all disappeared after crossing the Mississippi River and have not been heard from since. Their families are very worried about them.

If any one finds out why XT does not work...or knows the whereabouts of the Shimano techs...please post here.

#9 ·
the mayor said:
What version of XT?
With the exception of a small triangle of 3 townships in New Jersey and the coastal region of N Carolina...newer XT does not work on the east coast.But strangely, all SLX and XTR seems to work fine, along with older versions of XT.

No one is sure why.

Shimano did send several technicians out...but they all disappeared after crossing the Mississippi River and have not been heard from since. Their families are very worried about them.

If any one finds out why XT does not work...or knows the whereabouts of the Shimano techs...please post here.
wow that crazy I happen to live in one of those three townships(allamuchy) and I happen to run XT (rear deraileur only) on my bike....it does work...but does that mean I wont be able to run it anywhere else or because I run SLX for everything else it will still work?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.