new specialized enduro :)

Shimano Sram Comparable Products

Could someone outline to me which Shimano product competes directly with which Sram product the ideal answer would be something like

Shimano/SRAM
    XTR/X.0
    LX/X7
    Deore/Altus

Whatever, there just numbers and letters to me...

actually if you could also arange them from most expensive to cheapest that would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Loose Nut Behind d' Wheel
    Quote Originally Posted by Australia
    Could someone outline to me which Shimano product competes directly with which Sram product the ideal answer would be something like

Shimano/SRAM
    XTR/X.0
    LX/X7
    Deore/Altus

Whatever, there just numbers and letters to me...

actually if you could also arange them from most expensive to cheapest that would be much appreciated.

Thanks
    I'm not sure about the Deore/Altus pair, but stick XT/X9 in the list between XTR/X0 and LX/X7 and you have the products in decending order of price. Dunno if that helps at all.

Kathy :^)
    Look where you want to go. This is as true in life as it is in mtbiking.

A Real Winner.
    XTR=X0 shifters and derailleurs, XGen Front Derailleur, PG990 cassette, Truvativ Stylo Team Carbon Cranks, Avid Juicy Carbon Brakes.

XT=X9 shifters and derailleurs, XGen Front Derailleur, PG980 Cassette, Truvativ Style Team Crankset, Avid Juicy 7 Brakes

LX=X7 shifters and derailleurs, XGen Front Derailleur, PG970 Cassette, Truvativ Firex Crankset, Avid Juicy 5 Brakes

Deore=SX5 Shifters (Twist Only), SX5 rear derailleur, XGen Front Derailleur, PG950 Cassette, Truvativ Isoflow Crankset, Truvativ Powerspline BB, Avid BB7 Brakeset, Avid SD SL Levers Levers

Alivio=8 Speed now, SRAM SX4 Shifters (Triggers only) and rear derailleur, XGen Front Derailleur, SRAM PG850 Rear cassette, Truvativ Isoflow Crankset, Truvativ Powerspline BB, Avid BB5 Brakeset, Avid SD7 Levers

Acera=SRAM 3.0 Shifters, 3.0 rear derailleur, SRAM 3.0 front derailleur, SRAM PG830 Cassette, Truvativ Isoflow Crankset, Truvativ Powerspline BB, Avid SD5 Brakes, Avid FR5 Levers

And. . . That's it. SRAM doesn't make an Altus or Tourney grade component. . .yet. I've heard that next year SRAM is going to come out with an XO level front derailleur, as well as a X5 level hydraulic brake called the Juicy 3. Also, there is a newer Juicy Ultimate coming out next year to replace the Juicy Carbons I think. I also realize that you can mix and match between component groups, and that some people will dispute what I have listed, but it should give you a general idea of how they stack up. As far as prices of everything, well, that depends on where you go. I can tell you that as you go up in component level, you go up in price. Also, SRAM makes no wheels, so you'd just have to use your same Chris King wheels for any SRAM component group.
    www.cycletofitness.com It's only a super-awesome website for a super-awesome store. Just click it. I dare you.

new specialized enduro :)
    Thanks you two thats all I needed.