Nightriding rules SuperModerator

Shimano SLX 2 ring cranks (pics) (x-post from Shimano)

well..I wanted to try a 36T medium ring on my El Terremoto, so when I took into account the cost of the ring + 36T bashguard....I saw I could likely just get the new 2 ring SLX and make up the difference by selling my old cranks

Since I haven't seen many "real" pics of the 2 ring SLX...here are a couple of my new cranks

Shimano SLX cranks 665

Shimano SLX cranks 665

Shimano SLX cranks 665

mtbr member
    Nice. I've got some of the 170mm one's on back order, but I'm going to strip the rings off and use them on my DH bike.

Did you also get the new SLX front derailleur that is specifically made for the 36-22?

Quote Originally Posted by oldskoolbiker
    Nice. I've got some of the 170mm one's on back order, but I'm going to strip the rings off and use them on my DH bike.

Did you also get the new SLX front derailleur that is specifically made for the 36-22?
    Thanks!

I'm thinking about getting the SLX 2-ring FD...but it is not in stock yet...

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Sharp looking cranks, but I just can't get over how the bashguard looks.....eeeewwwww. They should have stuck with the saint/hone version....

mtbr member
    May 2008

Front Mech and chain line

Hello Everyone,

I was wondering if chainline has any effect on the type of front derailluers you can use. I am currently running a 2x9 at 50, but the SLX spec's are a little under this. I am thinking it does not but wanted to check this out with people who might be able to school me here.
    thanks
    Jason Gill

I didn't notice much of an impact regarding chainline.....I didn't even adjust my FD