nismo_05
    Mar 2009

shimano deore or sram x5,x7

The haro flightline comp I like has shimano deore front and rear d's and deore shifters. The c-dale f5 has sram x5 rear and x7 front with x5 trigger 9 speed shifters. I like the feel of the sram setup better. What do you guys think is better?

Former Bike Wrench
    Ahh...argument for the ages!

I prefer SRAM shifters and rear dérailleurs better and would take X.5 over Deore. But Deore is nothing to scoff at, it works well.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Ive got both, reality is that if u like how x5 feels you can do the same w/ deore. Try pushing the index finger lever out like x5. It goes both ways. I run x5 on my bike and have had no problems with it

LightJunction.com
    They both work well. I prefer Shimano, personally, but I run both brands on my bikes. I'd ride both and go with what feels better to you. I think you'll be happy with the performance either way.
    We sell quality bike headlights and flashlights.
    www.LightJunction.com

Freshly Fujified

Hopefully.....

The OP made their decision three years ago, and didn't wait for the last two replies in order to make their buying decision...
    'If Wal-Mart sold parachutes, who would jump?' Frank Havnoonian (quoting his father) Drexel Hill Cyclery

mtbr member
    I upgraded to x7 on my Cobia and was glad I did. Also, while the OP may have already made his decision, someone else may not have.
    2012 Stumpjumper FSR Expert Carbon 29er