mtbr member

shimano chainring question-hollowtech 1vs2

Would a M760 32t chainring be interchangable or compatible for the m752 chainring that was originally on a hollowtech I era crankset? The ramps and pins are somewhat different but I'm not sure about the spacing. Any input appreciated.
    Last edited by rockman; 06-13-2007 at 11:47 PM.

Meh.
    Yes. Both cranks are 104 BCD. Only problem I see is that some of the chain rings have a little extra material so it doesn't sit flush on the crank. Sometimes it just needs to be filed down a little bit.

dot
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rockman
    Would a M760 32t chainring be interchangable or compatible for the m752 chainring that was originally on a hollowtech I era crankset? The ramps and pins are somewhat different but I'm not sure about the spacing. Any input appreciated.
    No, they're different. The inner diameter of the newer middle ring is a bit smaller.
    You need to file off some metal from inner edges to install it on a older (H1) system. Unfortunately, I've just discovered it through practical experience.

mtbr member

thanks for the reply,

I had the newer one lying around for some reason and no way to return it so I thought I'd see if it would work. Shimano rings are not cheap but this 1st generation hollowtech crank/bb is still going strong.