mtbr member
    Nov 2005

separate shifter pods mounts

All,
    I have a nice set of XTR M900 8sp rapidfire shifter/brake levers and I want to lose the brake levers. I remember seeing in one of my many bike part catalogs a neet little mount that allowed you to disconnect the shifter pod from the combo unit and mount them solo. Do any of you remember what this thing was called or have you seen where I can find a pair?
    Thanks

JmZ
    Reformed Lurker
    Yup, there were several different companies that used to make what you need. Magura, I think either Paul or Grafton did as well. And as of more recently Moonhead did.

The best bet is to try and find 'em on E-Bay, or if you have a friend with a machine shop...

These pretty much disappeared as Shimano moved away from that particular design. When the individual XT and XTR pods appeared it they were pretty much dead.

I'd post a Want It add and also down in the Retro/Vintage/Classic forums.

Good luck,

JmZ

(I feel the pain too... I'm running a set on my hardail. )
    Quote Originally Posted by twiii
    All,
    I have a nice set of XTR M900 8sp rapidfire shifter/brake levers and I want to lose the brake levers. I remember seeing in one of my many bike part catalogs a neet little mount that allowed you to disconnect the shifter pod from the combo unit and mount them solo. Do any of you remember what this thing was called or have you seen where I can find a pair?
    Thanks
    JmZ

From one flat land to another.

Advocate as if your ride depends on it...

mtbr member
    I beleive that Norco still has them under their "Axiom " brand. Canadian Norco dealers should have them. Here's a link to a shop where I got some a year or so ago...
    http://www.johnhenrybikes.com/index.asp

Quote Originally Posted by JmZ
    Yup, there were several different companies that used to make what you need. Magura, I think either Paul or Grafton did as well. And as of more recently Moonhead did.

The best bet is to try and find 'em on E-Bay, or if you have a friend with a machine shop...

These pretty much disappeared as Shimano moved away from that particular design. When the individual XT and XTR pods appeared it they were pretty much dead.

I'd post a Want It add and also down in the Retro/Vintage/Classic forums.

Good luck,

JmZ

(I feel the pain too... I'm running a set on my hardail. )

mtbr member
    I have a pair of Shimano ones, I may consider selling them. I will post a picture later to make sure we are talking about the same thing. Off to rehab right now though...
    There is no added value to my participation - in fact, just more confusion.

mtbr member
    Here is a picture of the type I have, is this what you are after.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    There is no added value to my participation - in fact, just more confusion.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by GearHead
    Here is a picture of the type I have, is this what you are after.
    Those are not exactly the one but they may work, how much?