Thread: saint rear mech

mtbr member

Idea! saint rear mech

does any body run a saint rear mech.

the reason i ask is where a normal mech would bolt into the mech hanger,the saint has a bolt that lines up with the mech hanger,could or would it be possible to drill a small hole all the way through this bolt,or just enough to tap it so that it could remain on the bike instead of coming of every time you remove the axle.

cheers for any wisdom.

banned
    Sep 2005
    It's designed to be bolted to the through axle for strength. Changing that would be counter-intuitive to its purpose.

SLX
    mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    I think he means he gets annoyed when he takes the wheel off and the thing is hanging by the shifter cable and the chain. You would still use the axle to attach the dérailleur.

I have a saint to and I am annoyed by this as well.

You have a good Idea,

However I think maybe some double stick tape would be less work; maybe behind the dérailleur attaches to the frame. If your afraid of sticker residue get some of the 3M stuff that you pull the tab and it leaves no marks. Umm maybe Ill do this myself

mtbr member
    thanks slx,

you hit the nail on the head,just bloody annoying that the mech comes of also,might give it a try and see what happens.