mtbr member
    Oct 2005

Saint double + SRS = No go?

X=post from DH:

Hey all,

Recently recieved my Saint double crankset. Currently I'm running a single ring (Stylos) w/ an SRS. I picked up a double, so this summer I can switch over to a DRS and run 2 rings. But for now, the plan is (was) to take off the granny ring, and just run the Saints w/ a single ring and my SRS. I started thinking about it and is it even possible? Are the tabs for the granny ring going to be hitting the backplate of the SRS? If anyone is running this set up (or tried to) please chime. Oh, and I'm running the ISCG adapter plate as well.

Thanks
    Matt

Meh.
    It is possible. I run Saints with the granny mounts, and they have a couple mm of clearance between the crank and the backplate. I have seen people grind down the mounts, but on 3 of my bikes, I have never had to.

If you need to, you can always grind it down, and then use spacers to space it back out to mount the granny. Just make sure you grind it nice and flat.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by XSL_WiLL
    It is possible. I run Saints with the granny mounts, and they have a couple mm of clearance between the crank and the backplate. I have seen people grind down the mounts, but on 3 of my bikes, I have never had to.

If you need to, you can always grind it down, and then use spacers to space it back out to mount the granny. Just make sure you grind it nice and flat.
    Interesting! Looks like I'll just have to mount it and see whether or not I need to whip out the dremel and file.

Thanks (again) Will!
    Matt