Thread: Rohloff parts

N/A
    Feb 2004

Rohloff parts

I picked up a very lightly used Speedhub wheel for a good price. It's the threaded axle version with the "aftermarket" axle plate but it is missing the torque arm and all of the little bits to attach the torque arm to the chainstay. I asked the seller about that but he has no idea about the missing parts as someone else put it together for him (not sure how they had it rigged to his bike).

Is anyone aware of the availability and/or price of these parts? Do you have to contact Rohloff directly? I see on Rohloff's web-site that they have a product ID for the torque arm (8230) and the "torque arm bolts w/washers" (8231). Does this bolt kit include both the bolts to attach to the axle plate and to the chainstay?

Thanks for any info.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkaz
    I picked up a very lightly used Speedhub wheel for a good price. It's the threaded axle version with the "aftermarket" axle plate but it is missing the torque arm and all of the little bits to attach the torque arm to the chainstay. I asked the seller about that but he has no idea about the missing parts as someone else put it together for him (not sure how they had it rigged to his bike).

Is anyone aware of the availability and/or price of these parts? Do you have to contact Rohloff directly? I see on Rohloff's web-site that they have a product ID for the torque arm (8230) and the "torque arm bolts w/washers" (8231). Does this bolt kit include both the bolts to attach to the axle plate and to the chainstay?

Thanks for any info.
    Dude, it's hosed, and you are pretty much screwed. I'll take the remains off your hands though...

Seriously though, there are a number of ways to set a Rohloff up. I have one on my new bike, take a look at the thread titled "attention colonel has arrived" or something like that, also there are good pics of a Rohloff installed with a different set of options on a black sheep, both threads are on the 29er board. Take some pics and post on the 29er board, quite a few guys (comparitively) there are running Speedhubs...

rbtm member
    Jan 2004

Thanks for any info.
    You can call Rohloff USA directly but I've found them to be difficult to get a hold of and very slow. Lately I've been getting my speedhub supplies through webcyclery and they've been great. Give them a call and they'll get you straightened out.
    [SIZE=1]"The mouth of justice contemplates wisdom."[/SIZE]

On MTBR hiatus :(
    PM me with your address. I'll send you my torque arm & chainstay attachment bracket off my original hub, which I've never used. I'll have to dig around to find it, but I'm pretty sure I've got it. Cover the five bux for shipping and it's yours.

Poser
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedub.Nate
    PM me with your address. I'll send you my torque arm & chainstay attachment bracket off my original hub, which I've never used. I'll have to dig around to find it, but I'm pretty sure I've got it. Cover the five bux for shipping and it's yours.
    That's the most generous offer I've ever seen on here. Esoteric, expensive german parts for free.

While marveling over that bit, I realized I too have the same parts hanging out from the first bike I installed mine on. If Speedub Nate doesn't work out for some reason, PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by direktor
    That's the most generous offer I've ever seen on here. Esoteric, expensive german parts for free.
    Oh, sure it is...

If I offer up a Drehmomentstütze , well, maybe that's generous.

Translated to English, Fugly Torque Arm, that's just me getting rid of unwanted junk.

N/A
    Feb 2004
    PM'd you.

This should be a fun project. I've been looking at Speedhubs for a few years but haven't had a good enough excuse to buy one until now.

PM'd you.

This should be a fun project. I've been looking at Speedhubs for a few years but haven't had a good enough excuse to buy one until now.
    Got it. I'll send it on the way in Monday's mail. What bike are you going to install it on?

Just to make sure, the threaded axle plate you have has two 10mm holes to mount the torque arm?

N/A
    Feb 2004
    Got it. I'll send it on the way in Monday's mail. What bike are you going to install it on?

Just to make sure, the threaded axle plate you have has two 10mm holes to mount the torque arm?
    Yep, that's the one. I haven't measured them but I'll assume they're 10mm holes. They look chainring bolt size.

I'm thinking about testing out my project on an On-One Inbred (my wife's singlespeed). If it's a keeper, I'll probably pick up another frame. Maybe a Kona Unit? Still undecided on that one.

Good deal. It'll be in Tuesday's mail. You ought to see it on Thursday.