Thread: Rohloff

mtbr member
    Oct 2006

Rohloff

Picked up a bike with a Rohloff hub for $600 bucks. The hub is like new with very little miles on it but it's a non disc hub. How hard and how much to convert to disc? This hub has internal shifting.

On MTBR hiatus :(
    Damn, that's a hell of a deal you got.

I don't know the price, but it's going to be over $200. The disc hub cap is the lesser expense. The real cost comes with the addition of the external shifter unit. Give Thomas at Rohloff USA in Oakland a call.

We warned: Thomas is definitely going to encourage you to send it to him. The work is something you can knock out at home with just some basic tools and a little patience.
    speedub.nate
    MTBR Hiatus UFN

Reviewer/Tester
    Quote Originally Posted by roxie
    Picked up a bike with a Rohloff hub for $600 bucks. The hub is like new with very little miles on it but it's a non disc hub. How hard and how much to convert to disc? This hub has internal shifting.

WOW! what a sweet deal...lucky you.

R.
    It is inevitable ...

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    What's a non disc hub worth these days?

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    I have a Rohloff disc hub that has been collecting dust in my basement for about 5 years, What do you think it would be worth?? Its set up with a Hayes brake rotor and has at most 750 miles on it. I should sell it since I will probably never use it again.