mtbr member
    Jul 2008

Replacement screw for a clipless pedal

I tried searching for this, but couldn't find anything. One of the screws that control how easy/difficult it is to get out of my Shimano M545 Clipless pedals is missing, must have fallen out on a ride yesterday. I noticed it was super easy to get out of the pedal, and when I checked, the screw was gone.

Is this something I can get at a hardware store, or do I need a Shimano screw? I'll try the LBS when they open later today, but if I can grab it at the hardware store I will. Thanks.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    I don't know for sure, but in all likelihood it's metric, and hardware stores don't generally have lots of metric inventory.

If the LBS doesn't have it, you might have to ask around among other riders for one out of a trashed pedal.
    fb
    www.chain-L.com

The key to solving any problem is to understand and address the underlying cause.

mtbr member
    I've been to Lowe's, Home Depot, and local hardware stores that carry many metric screws/bolts/nuts. But you need to know the size and thread sizes, to get the correct size screw. It is a metric screw by the way.
    I agrees with FB and try the LBS and in their bike of old/broke "stuff' they can find a screw off a broken pedal. I'd start there first. Good luck with that!
    Training on Hills Builds Character, That's How I Got To Be One!

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Thanks. It wasn't as bad as I thought riding today, just easy to get out. One LBS had nothing, the other said bring it by they'll if they have anything.

I'll call Shimano Monday too.

xx = xtrČ
    Go to toronto cycles they have some. They even are in titanium.

http://www.torontocycles.com/

scroll down a little they sould be about in the middle of the page.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Thanks!