Pwning Trails

Replacement chain rings for FC-M951-HG (XTR)

Hi,

I'm in need of replacement chain rings for my XTR crank set: FC-M951-HG . It's very old don't laugh , but works great, except for the rings! I've called shimano, searched the net, and can't find replacement rings. Thought I'd check here before I pulled the trigger on some new cranks. Thanks for your help!

IllumaDucati
    I've been through that too and the only original XTR 951/952 chainrings left out there are some 48-tooth downhill rings that few people wanted.

There are several people that will make you whatever chainrings you want, though. Here are two sources for custom chainrings:

Homemade chainrings and sprockets

http://homebrewedcomponents.wordpress.com/

Former Bike Wrench
    Replace the spider with a 104/64 4 bolt (Middleburn or M751 spiders work)...those 112/68 rings are few and far between.

Do It Yourself

Lemme get an upgrade

Even if you can find them, you can get a new crankset with bb for about the price of the big ring spider alone. Back in the late 90's, these where the cranks to have but now it's time to move on to the 21st century external bb standard. Personally, I would rather have LX HTII cranks than M95x XTR.

Beyoncé knows what time it is:
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Long Live Long Rides