mtbr member
    Dec 2005

Removing Non driveside K force crank ?

Please could someone tell me the right way to remove a Non driveside FSA K force crank ? Is there an adapter to use on a splined crank puller ? I know it comes with a self extracting crank bolt but the crank is stuck fast . Thanks for any help in advance , I'm kinda stumped !!

JMH
    Sugary Exoskeleton

Man Up!

You are right, the 8mm bolt pulls the crankarm off. It might be tough to get moving if it is over-torqued or just not quite greased enough. Make sure your hex wrench is getting all the way into the bolt, it should go in at least a cm, especially if you have an alloy extractor bolt.

If the bolt is moving, but it only turns once or twice, hits the self-extractor cap and stops, just keep going. This year the press fit got much tighter on the splines, and there is also a loctite used.

EDIT: I re-read your thread and it sounds like you might have removed the self-extractor first. You HAVE to use the self-extracting bolt assembly... there is no way to get the crankarm off, otherwise.

JMH

Quote Originally Posted by rushman
    Please could someone tell me the right way to remove a Non driveside FSA K force crank ? Is there an adapter to use on a splined crank puller ? I know it comes with a self extracting crank bolt but the crank is stuck fast . Thanks for any help in advance , I'm kinda stumped !!