Future Rainbow Jersey

Removing the cable from an LX rapid fire shifting pod

Here's the deal:

I just finished building my '05 X-cal. When I took it off the stand I found that not only did I route the rear derailleur cable incorrectly from the shifter to the RD, the housing is cut too short (now the cable itself is cut too short as well). I know this because I couldn't smoothly turn my bike to left all the way. This probably stems from the fact that the cable, housing, and shifter were taken from my '99 Ziggurat, intact in one piece, and installed on my new ride. In any case, both the cable and housing from the shifter to the RD must be removed. I'd like to keep the shifter and I know how to take the cable out of the RD, so removal of the cable from the shifter itself is the issue.

Thanks.

mtbr member
    If I remember correctly,... shift into the lowest or highest (depending on what type of derailleur you have) to relaxe the cable as much as possible. There is a small rubber cap on the shifter. Remove it and push the cable out from the other side.

Meh.
    Quote Originally Posted by RiderInTraining
    If I remember correctly,... shift into the lowest or highest (depending on what type of derailleur you have) to relaxe the cable as much as possible. There is a small rubber cap on the shifter. Remove it and push the cable out from the other side.
    Yeah, it's right near the paddles. It can be removed with a phillips screw driver.

Future Rainbow Jersey
    Got it! Thanks guys, I really appreciate it!