mtbr member

Removing 3rd ring in place of bash

Quick question here... I have an 2008 Diamondback Mission 1, I have never used the big ring and don't plan on it, so I would like a bash guard. My question is this, is it as simple as unbolting that third ring and replacing it with a bash guard? And if so, what size bash guard do you get? One that corresponds to the size of your middle ring? Is there anything else to know?

Thanks!
    Faith.Hope.Love.

Vaginatarian
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by imprezagm4
    Quick question here... I have an 2008 Diamondback Mission 1, I have never used the big ring and don't plan on it, so I would like a bash guard. My question is this, is it as simple as unbolting that third ring and replacing it with a bash guard? And if so, what size bash guard do you get? One that corresponds to the size of your middle ring? Is there anything else to know?

Thanks!
    yes & yes, I like the fsa aluminum

Weekend Warrior
    I got a 32t middle ring and I went with a 34-sized Bashguard from Raceface. I like it.

mtbr member
    Awesome guys! Thank you!
    Faith.Hope.Love.

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by imprezagm4
    Awesome guys! Thank you!

Just in case you wanted the option, Blackspire makes a lexan ring that allows you to keep your big ring. I love mine! That said, I also like the Ring of Fire (Kona) over a 34T mid ring as it just clears it nicely but I prefer the 'Big Ring' as I like having the big ring when I need it.

Thanks,
    Andrew.