Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Removable derailleur cable end stop / clamp

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  onetothepowerofn 
#1 ·
My frame doesn't have a front derailleur cable end stop on the seat tube - does anyone know of a removable end stop which would clamp onto the seat tube (like a front derailleur) which I could use. I know these things are available, but my searches didn't turn up anything useful. THanks in advance - A

#2 ·
onetothepowerofn said:
My frame doesn't have a front derailleur cable end stop on the seat tube - does anyone know of a removable end stop which would clamp onto the seat tube (like a front derailleur) which I could use. I know these things are available, but my searches didn't turn up anything useful. THanks in advance - A
Is the frame designed for a bottom pull FD?

#4 ·
It sounds like if your frame doesn't have a cable stop for the front derailleur, it wasn't meant to have one. What frame do you have? My frame originally did not have a cable stop as well, but then i had a cable stop welded on it. I wasn't aware you could just get one clamped on.

#5 ·
If there's no FD fulcrum (housing stop) built onto the frame, it probably designed for the cable to run free from the fulcrum near the seat lug area directly to the FD lever arm. Fulcrums are always in pairs, one for each end of the housing section (one half of the end pairs are in the levers or derailleur respectively).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.