mtbr member

Recommend inexpensive front, rear derailleur and shifters

I recently picked up a new ride and was planning on selling my older Fisher Tassajara hardtail, but I have been toying with the idea of keeping it around to pull a trailer for my (impending) baby and for fire road rides with the wife.

That being said, it could use some upgrading - starting with the drive train. I am looking for some recommendations for an inexpensive setup for a new front and rear derailleur and shifters (paddle, not grip). I think the big chain ring is bent as well, so I would likely swap out the front cogs, but the cassette seems to be in good shape. No need for new cranks or anything like that.

It's got Shimano components right now, but I wouldn't be opposed to switching over to SRAM.

Any help or recommendations would be great. It would be nice to keep the whole setup under $250 if possible...

Brian

mtbr member
    Try Pricepoint. They usually have great deals on Sram X7 or X9 parts. Go X9 if you can.
    C-DALE FLASH 29 Carbon 2 (19.6 lbs)
    C-DALE BB1

mtbr member
    Personally, for a bike that would hardly get used, I'd just go for Deore level stuff if your current stuff is broken.
    If you want to go Sram x5/x7 stuff would be good. I'd still go a Deore FD though.

Former Bike Wrench
    is your old Tass 8 speed or 9 speed...could make a difference in what is recommended since your looking at keeping the cassette and chain