mtbr member
    May 2008

Real Design BB help?

Sorry if this has been asked before (searched but found nothing).

I have an old Real Design crankcase BB and would like to shorten it from 73 to 68mm by removing a spacer. Can anyone tell me how to do this or, better still, point me in the direction of some instructions/manual for this BB?

Thanks.

Yo.
    just take out one of the 5mm spacers from the stack on the spindle between the bearings (red, IIRC, but measure to be sure). Reassemble in reverse order of disassembly, and you should be good to go. This is for the square taper BB, BTW - if they made an ISIS version, I can't help you there.
    Quote Originally Posted by JonathanGennick View Post
    I am a poser. But forums.poser.com doesn't seem to exist, so I come here instead.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Slow Eddie
    just take out one of the 5mm spacers from the stack on the spindle between the bearings (red, IIRC, but measure to be sure). Reassemble in reverse order of disassembly, and you should be good to go. This is for the square taper BB, BTW - if they made an ISIS version, I can't help you there.
    that sounds about right!
    there's some 1mm blue ones in there and 5mm red, right?... something like that. I forget how the wavy washers are supposed to go in there though. Last time I switched one of these out, I couldn't find the paperwork I thought I had on it.
    [SIZE=1][/SIZE]

Yo.
    I thought the blue ones were the fatties that you could take out if you wanted to put more than 2 bearings in there - but maybe those were the silver ones. Quite patriotic, in any event.
    Quote Originally Posted by JonathanGennick View Post
    I am a poser. But forums.poser.com doesn't seem to exist, so I come here instead.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Slow Eddie
    I thought the blue ones were the fatties that you could take out if you wanted to put more than 2 bearings in there - but maybe those were the silver ones. Quite patriotic, in any event.
    you could be right! I completely forgot about the tri/quad bearing possibility.
    [SIZE=1][/SIZE]