Thread: Raceface CS?

mtbr member
    Feb 2006

Raceface CS?

I'm contemplating trying to warranty my loosening Deus cranks and I'm wondering if anyone has actually had success with this? They are four years old and have loosened from the get go but getting worse as of late. I came across a thread providing a solution to the end cap loosening issue where grinding a few mm off the spindle allows for the splines to seat properly. It's clear the splines aren't able to completely seat on the spindle so it seems like a logical solution. If the warranty process is pointless then I'm thinking of trying the mod. Any positive experiences?

On MTBR hiatus :(
    Not from me, but my issue was just trying to purchase replacement bearings for a current model Diabolus headset. Seems they don't give much of a damn.
    speedub.nate
    MTBR Hiatus UFN

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    bump

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by barto8
    ny positive experiences?
    not so much from me either, but why not give 'em a shot. I'd suggest calling 'em over trying email.
    [SIZE=1][/SIZE]

mtbr member
    I tried to run the Deus on my SS and after one season I can't ride them for more than a mile without noticeable loosening. Piece of S__T Cranks! Will never buy Race Face cranks again. I recently sent them back and am hoping for a replacement set so I can sell them and turn them into some XT cranks which don't look as cool but stay stiff. If they don't send me some new ones I don't want those on my bike anyway....End Rant.
    CruisenSurly