mtbr member
    Jun 2004

Race Face Team or Blackspire Super Pro?

Hey Folks,

Aggressive cross country Clydesdale on BC trails, here. Time for a new drive train. I have a four bolt Truvativ Fire X crankset and am looking to replace the chainrings. I'll grab a new cassette (haven't decided on an XT or 970 yet) and chain, too so it's all fresh. I have the chainrings narrowed down to the Blackspire Super Pro and the Race Face Team chainrings. Any Feedback? Thanks in advance.

CanWood

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    I just ordered the race face rings because i couldnt find the blackspire in 104 bdc in 26t....waiting for UPS to show up so I can put them on...Ill try to post again once I get a chance to ride them for a few rides...(just got a new sram 980 cassette for 35 bucks http://stores.channeladvisor.com/cbo...temid=11210276 , same weight as a XT put about half the price....)

LCW
    mtbr member
    are the race face rings available in black? or just silver? i'm looking for black...

i'm thinking of switching to 2x9 as well... having decided on tooth count yet... thinking 24/34 with my 990 11-34 rear (i have '08 LX Hollow-tech II crankset)... but also considering 24/36, 22/34 and 22/36...

cheers

Expert Crasher

I'm using the Blackspire Super Pro rings - they've been absolutely flawless. Running 24/34/Bash - w/ RF Turbines on a Sultan - been a killer combination.
    Happiness depends more on the inward disposition of mind than on outward circumstances. Benjamin Franklin

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Thanks for the feedback, folks. Turns out I needed a new bottom bracket, too, so I went with a Race face evolve xc crankset. Got a couple of rides in on it and all is well.

CanWood