Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    266

    Race Face SIXC Crankset Chain Rings???

    I recently got a used bike that came with a Race Face SIXC crankset. I am not sure that I like the gearing setup and may want to change to a different size small or big ring.

    Does anyone know where I can get chainrings that would work with this crankset? I don't think that Race Face made other size rings other than the ones that come on the crankset. Are there other companies that make rings that are compatible with this crankset?

    thanks

    Matt

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: RaceFace-suit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    56
    Hey Matt - Thanks for riding Race Face.

    We make a wide line of rings that are compatible with your SIXC crank.

    24/32, 24/36, or singles from 32T to 40T would likely be the best fit. Check out our website or vist your LBS for more info.

    Cheers.

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    266
    thanks for the info. I did check out your website. You have a lot of rings....but which rings are compatible with the SIXC cranks? I can't seem to find a ring that says it is compatible with these cranks.

    thanks
    Matt

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Nater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,856
    Unless I'm missing something, those cranks are standard 64/104 BCD. Any ring with that BCD will fit it.

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    266
    Hmmm. Okay. I was not sure if it was some sort of proprietary mounting configuration.

  6. #6
    ups and downs
    Reputation: rockyuphill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    13,856
    Only the Turbine S and Turbine T rings are specific to Shimano and Truvativ cranks. The Race Face cranks fit all standard rings. There is a chainring compatibility chart on the website

    http://www.raceface.com/comp/pdf/RF_...hart_Apr10.pdf
    I'm a member of NSMBA and IMBA Canada

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: qbert2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,203
    Quote Originally Posted by RaceFace-suit View Post
    Hey Matt - Thanks for riding Race Face.

    We make a wide line of rings that are compatible with your SIXC crank.

    24/32, 24/36, or singles from 32T to 40T would likely be the best fit. Check out our website or vist your LBS for more info.

    Cheers.
    can i run a full bash guard on the six c or do you recommend a taco style bash? i've heard different answers on this

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    294
    Quote Originally Posted by qbert2000 View Post
    can i run a full bash guard on the six c or do you recommend a taco style bash? i've heard different answers on this
    You can run full bash, but it`s not wise... Have not experience about 2012-models, but with older SixC`s from 2010/2011 those nut holes in spiderarms are rather fragile and direct hits to normal bash puts stress to nuts. Taco-style bash is IMO better, also bash is located more near the center of the frame, helping sliding over obstacles.

    Always used taco-bash, still broken 3 sets of SixC`s during past 2 years. All warrantied.

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    266
    I called Race Face. I currently have a 24/36 set up and was looking to run 22 / 34. Unfortunately they don't make a 22 or a 34 ring, so I would need to buy rings from another maker. They said that standard Shimano rings should fit....but not XTR.

    Also recommended that I swap BOTH rings if I am going to swap one or the other, since the spacing may be different.

    Matt

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation: qbert2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,203
    Quote Originally Posted by pergamonx View Post
    You can run full bash, but it`s not wise... Have not experience about 2012-models, but with older SixC`s from 2010/2011 those nut holes in spiderarms are rather fragile and direct hits to normal bash puts stress to nuts. Taco-style bash is IMO better, also bash is located more near the center of the frame, helping sliding over obstacles.

    Always used taco-bash, still broken 3 sets of SixC`s during past 2 years. All warrantied.
    strange that they sell them with a bash already installed then. weird. thanks.

    it even shows them with a bash on their website

    Race Face 2012

    i guesss it will be covered under warranty if the tabs snap off then
    Last edited by qbert2000; 07-01-2012 at 03:29 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •