mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Race Face Next LP Cracked!

Has anyone else had a Race Face Next crack? The crack is parallel to seat tube and goes all the way through the aluminum. I weigh 165 lbs and race xc. Didn't think this could have happened but it has. I'm outside of warranty period so looks like I'll be crank shopping. I'll post pics later but just wanted to know others experiences. Thanks.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    My Next LP ISIS crankset drive side arm cracked due to fatigue. It had at least 7,000 miles on it -- probably even more. I also weigh about 165 and ride/race XC only. Mine had a lifetime warranty and Race Face went above & beyond by replacing them with a complete Deus XC setup no questions asked. The Deus setup is not as light, although it's not really heavy either. It has been working great so far (only about a week on them). The only issue is a creak that I'm sure I can fix with some teflon tape on the bearing threads.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by B R H
    My Next LP ISIS crankset drive side arm cracked due to fatigue. It had at least 7,000 miles on it -- probably even more. I also weigh about 165 and ride/race XC only. Mine had a lifetime warranty and Race Face went above & beyond by replacing them with a complete Deus XC setup no questions asked. The Deus setup is not as light, although it's not really heavy either. It has been working great so far (only about a week on them). The only issue is a creak that I'm sure I can fix with some teflon tape on the bearing threads.
    Well B R H, I bought mine before 1/1/01 so there is only a 3 year warranty. Race Face definitely did not go above or beyond the call of duty in this case, but nevertheless can't worry too much about it. Race season is starting in 3 weeks. BTW its really cool that they gave you the whole new setup.

Ride Instigator

Yup...

My sq taper Next LPs have been in service since early 2000. In May 03 I developed a crack in the drive side arm and RF replaced it under warranty. I just discovered a crack in the left side arm and called RF and they said it was out of warranty and I'm SOL....looks like I'l be getting a set of those snazzy X-Drive Atlas cranks soon .

BTW, I weigh 200 and ride agressive XC/light freeride kinda' stuff...I'm probably lucky I got this much life out of them.

Interested in a red sq drive, drive side, standard 5 arm, 175mm only a little over a year old? Includes 24-32-46 rings with lotsa' life in them and also an RF bash guard. Make me an offer!