over my head

Race Face Evolve DH for Turner Highline?

Hi ,
    Im looking at purchasing a Highline and I guess it has a non typical BB size (88 or 83mm?). With a Race Face Evolve DH crank, will I just need a new bb cartridge or whole new cranks?

Thanks for your help,
    BM...
    If a little is good...a lot must be great!- B.J. McVane
    '08 Highline;'06(?) 5-Pack;'04 Specialized Enduro; '94 GF Tassajara

Knollician
    Quote Originally Posted by bullymadison
    Hi ,
    Im looking at purchasing a Highline and I guess it has a non typical BB size (88 or 83mm?). With a Race Face Evolve DH crank, will I just need a new bb cartridge or whole new cranks?

Thanks for your help,
    BM...
    It is an 83mm BB, which is standard for DH and many Freeride bikes. The 83mm standard is usually paired with a 150mm rear wheel. Both of these provide greater strength in their respective area.

You need to purchase a 83mm specific crank. The external bearings are the same as the 73mm counter part, it is the crank spindle that is 10mm longer.
    "Three balls at once...who knew?" - Cotton McKnight

over my head
    Quote Originally Posted by tiSS'er
    It is an 83mm BB, which is standard for DH and many Freeride bikes. The 83mm standard is usually paired with a 150mm rear wheel. Both of these provide greater strength in their respective area.

You need to purchase a 83mm specific crank. The external bearings are the same as the 73mm counter part, it is the crank spindle that is 10mm longer.

Shoot - I was hoping all I would need to buy was a bb cartridge... Anyone have a spere 83mm crankset???
    If a little is good...a lot must be great!- B.J. McVane
    '08 Highline;'06(?) 5-Pack;'04 Specialized Enduro; '94 GF Tassajara