mtbr member

Race Face Evolve 2X10 Crankset

Anyone use or know of someone that has this crankset? seems to be a mid level unit from what i can tell.

Race Face Evolve 2X10 Crankset 2013 > Components > Drivetrain > Cranksets | Jenson USA Online Bike Shop

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    I got Turbine rings (24/36) to convert my Shimano non-series HollowTech II crank from 3x to 2x. Shifts superbly -- front almost as smooth as the rear, and saved some weight -- 31 g over the stock 24/32 steel they replaced. Too early to tell how the aluminum will hold up.

mtbr member
    ^ thanks for that.

Trail Tire TV on blogger
    I'm not a big fan of Race Face cranks,.. don't like the drive side bolt on that needs a special tool (old ISIS crank puller) to remove and the lack of adjustability in chainline. If you look around you can get a Sram/Turvativ X7 or X9 for about that price which has better adjustability or get a SLX (right there at Jenson for 89 bucks) which is a better/stronger crankset. Both the Sram and Shimano Cranks remove without tools other than the allen wrench. The Sram's are much more tunable but the Shimano's have a little bit of adjustment. they all weigh in between 900-950 grams so weight is a toss up. The Shimano's BB "system" isn't as good as Srams but the actual bearings and seals seem to last a bit longer (though not much) and both are better setups than the Raceface.

thou i like Sram's cranks better, personally if I would get the SLX right now for 89 bucks if I was going 10 speed... rediculious low price for a good-mid line crankset
    Going to try and bring Trail Tire TV back. go take a look... http://trailtiretv.blogspot.com/

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by thomllama View Post
    thou i like Sram's cranks better, personally if I would get the SLX right now for 89 bucks if I was going 10 speed... rediculious low price for a good-mid line crankset
    I did look @ the SLX but desire 170 arms and a dbl (however i could easily remove the outer ring and replace with a bash and tune the FD)

Trail Tire TV on blogger
    Quote Originally Posted by nvphatty View Post
    I did look @ the SLX but desire 170 arms and a dbl (however i could easily remove the outer ring and replace with a bash and tune the FD)
    that's what I would do.. just get a bash guard to replace the outer ring... honestly I like it better that way than with the 2x rings without the bash... gotten my legs torn up and had the rings damaged too many times not to have a bash
    Going to try and bring Trail Tire TV back. go take a look... http://trailtiretv.blogspot.com/

Trail Tire TV on blogger
    if ya want to 170 (don't blame you, I use the 170 also)

SRAM X.7 GXP 3X9 Crankset 2012 | SRAM | Brand | www.PricePoint.com

still a 3x but again pull the outer rind and get a Bash.. with GXP Bottom Bracket you can adjust the chain line

also the lightest of the price range.. (ok it's only like 30-40 grams lighter but hey )

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by thomllama View Post
    if ya want to 170 (don't blame you, I use the 170 also)

still a 3x but again pull the outer rind and get a Bash.. with GXP Bottom Bracket you can adjust the chain line

also the lightest of the price range.. (ok it's only like 30-40 grams lighter but hey )
    thats a great setup thanks!!