mtbr member
    Sep 2005

race face cranks?????????

Let me know what you think. I won some brand new silver Race Face Deus X - Type cranks on ebay from one of those huge liqidators. I paid $145. They sent me some Race Face Atlas X - Type cranks, black. I know the Atlas is heavier but other than that they are very similar. Should I do a return or keep what I have?

meh....
    Quote Originally Posted by tootsjofus
    Let me know what you think. I won some brand new silver Race Face Deus X - Type cranks on ebay from one of those huge liqidators. I paid $145. They sent me some Race Face Atlas X - Type cranks, black. I know the Atlas is heavier but other than that they are very similar. Should I do a return or keep what I have?
    If you don't mind the extra weight, keep 'em. Supposed to be stiffer/stronger than the Deus.

Monte

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

I would keep them...

but you might try sending them an email letting them know they messed up and you would like them to refund you for shipping or something along those lines. Returns are such a hassels. I would try and squeek 10 or $15 out of them for their mistake.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Great idea, thanks!

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Send them back. You bid on and won Deus cranks and got shipped something different. The seller should pay for the return shipping since he screwed up.

Fuhgetaboudit
    Dec 2004

Taken advantage of?

I think you received a better crankset than you wanted. The ATLAS are stronger than the DEUS and worth more too. If you absolutely have to have the DEUS then let them know that is what you want, and not a substitute Atlas. Should you try and squeeze them for some extra dough because they made a mistake in your favor? Nah! Come on. When does that type of thinking ever stop?

People and companies make mistakes all the time, but let's not screw them or take advantage of the situation simply because we can. Sooner or later YOU'RE going to make a mistake also, so do you want another to pounce on you for it, and then profit from it too? Is this the "ME" generation talking? Christ - that is why there are so many lawyers and lawsuits and higher premiums and on and on. If you did not receive the benefit of your bargain, then call them on it and get the DEUS cranks. Trying to squeeze them for an extra price reduction is just one of the reasons this world sucks more now than it ever did.

my .2 cents and I AM an attorney!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuhgetaboudit
    I think you received a better crankset than you wanted. The ATLAS are stronger than the DEUS and worth more too. If you absolutely have to have the DEUS then let them know that is what you want, and not a substitute Atlas. Should you try and squeeze them for some extra dough because they made a mistake in your favor? Nah! Come on. When does that type of thinking ever stop?

People and companies make mistakes all the time, but let's not screw them or take advantage of the situation simply because we can. Sooner or later YOU'RE going to make a mistake also, so do you want another to pounce on you for it, and then profit from it too? Is this the "ME" generation talking? Christ - that is why there are so many lawyers and lawsuits and higher premiums and on and on. If you did not receive the benefit of your bargain, then call them on it and get the DEUS cranks. Trying to squeeze them for an extra price reduction is just one of the reasons this world sucks more now than it ever did.

my .2 cents and I AM an attorney!
    That's why it's called, "paying for your mistakes", but I do agree with your points.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Somebody got DEUS, and most likely wants their ATLAS!

Daniel the Dog
    Mar 2008

Someone should always pay, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Sway?
    That's why it's called, "paying for your mistakes", but I do agree with your points.
    Ja*karse! People make mistakes. Welcome to planet Earth. If they guy wants the Deus he should send it back. It is reasonable that the company should pay for the shipping but to try and get some dough out of 'em for the mistake is crappy. I agree with the guy above! That is why the world sucks sometimes...

Jaybo

mtbr member

Why did you pick DEUS?

tootsjofus,

Why did you seek out DEUS cranks? Was it because they are light, or did you just find a great deal and wanted to take advantage of the low price? Did you really want the silver or is color no big deal to you? (BTW I have both colors and I think the black will look better in the long run, my silver cranks look oxidized from sweat, I think)

As previously mentioned, if weight/color is an issue then exchange. If not, then let the company know what happened. They may offer a future discount or refund for the mistake. If they don't and your happy with the ATLAS, my thought is "No harm, no foul" everyone is happy.

Agree with not trying to get them for $10-$15 shipping fee. Is it really worth it, you got a great product for $145?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaybo
    Ja*karse! People make mistakes. Welcome to planet Earth. If they guy wants the Deus he should send it back. It is reasonable that the company should pay for the shipping but to try and get some dough out of 'em for the mistake is crappy. I agree with the guy above! That is why the world sucks sometimes...

Jaybo
    So, since you agree with him and I clearly agreed with him in my post, but you called me a ja*karse, we're only left with the small matter of what that makes you?
    Last edited by Sway?; 02-24-2006 at 07:36 PM.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    I started this post a while ago. I researched the cranks and found that they cost just about the same. The price I paid would be a very good deal either way. I liked the silver but the black is no big deal. I also found out that they do not have the silver deus so I would have to get my money back and start the search again. So in the end I decided to keep them. As far as getting some cash I figured no harm no foul. I made out they made out, its all good.