mtbr member

Question about stylo OCT 3.3 cranks.

So I have a 2009 crank that came with 175 mm cranks on a 2009 small sized bike (epiphany thanks Bike BLing). And want to switch to 170 mm cranks. I could not find a truative stylo oct 3.3 crank arm in 170 mm by itself on the web. HOwever I did find one on ebay but it was for 2008. Does anybody know if the crank arms will be compatible? Both are 4 bolt patterns. And it would be sweet if I could just use the bottom bracket and chain rings as the old one fails.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Truvativ-Stylo-3...item45f852fa81

So I guess what I"m saying is does anybody know where I can buy 170 mm truative crank arms for a 20090 stylo oct 3.3, and if not is this 2008 ebay crank arm etc going to be compatibel with my 2009 crank.

Thanks for your response.
    "Chancho. When you are a man sometimes you wear stretchy pants... Its for fun..."

Former Bike Wrench
    To be clear...the spindle is attached to the drive side arm.

So basically you are buying a new crankset, and all Truvativ and SRAM GXP cranksets use the same bottom bracket cups. So yes, the 2008 will be a direct fit.

mtbr member
    YOu know, I guess that makes sense. Basically I am buying a new crankset.

This explains why they don't sell just crank arms separately because the spindle is attached. Having taken it apart once to change the chain rings this makese sense to me. Just didn't occur previously
    "Chancho. When you are a man sometimes you wear stretchy pants... Its for fun..."