mtbr member
    Mar 2004

Question about my new E-13 bashguard...

I recently had a new E13 bashguard installed on my 575, and had the big chain ring removed. Here's my issue: my new E13 is huge, it looks like my LBS should have just kept my big chain ring on my 575, it's that big. It looks too big for my middle chain ring.

Basically, I thought by getting this thing I'd be protecting my middle ring, and gaining a little bit of clearance at the bottom bracket at the same time.

Instead, this thing is even bigger than my big chain ring...I actually lost at least an inch or more of log-clearing clearance.

My question: does the E13 come in different sizes? My LBS said that if it did, they would have to remove my middle ring as well. Does that sound right?

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Is it this E13 that comes in different sizes?

http://www.speedgoat.com/product.asp...at=50&brand=74

And I think your LBS is feeding you a bunch of BS... as long as your middle ring is below the max. size you'd be good to go.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Your LBS suxs. You can get the bashguard in 36T or 40T. My guess is they got you the bigger 40T. Tell 'em to swap it for the smaller one. If you've got a 32T chainring, the E13 bashring will still be a bit big (but still smaller than what your 44T chainring was. To get even more clearance you need to go to a different brand bashring that comes sized for 32T or 34T rings. And no, you don't have to remove your middle ring to do it.

-> SickLines.com <-
    heh you want it to look like this
    Attached Images Attached Images