mtbr member

Profile Racing 6 speed cassette hub

Just saw this thing while perusing the Profile website.Hub

It's just what I've been imagining! With all the movement towards 10/11 speed cassettes and things, I've been yearning for fewer gears on my bikes that have gears at all. I like the idea of gears, but just don't want so many. Plus a double/triple up front and six back there would give plenty of range for most folks. Plus you can customize your cassette with any manner of cogs. Pretty cool I say. And you can have bolt-on or QR.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    They are nice my husband has one.Works great

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by vaultbrad
    Just saw this thing while perusing the Profile website.Hub

It's just what I've been imagining! With all the movement towards 10/11 speed cassettes and things, I've been yearning for fewer gears on my bikes that have gears at all. I like the idea of gears, but just don't want so many. Plus a double/triple up front and six back there would give plenty of range for most folks. Plus you can customize your cassette with any manner of cogs. Pretty cool I say. And you can have bolt-on or QR.
    They have been around for years. Also any number of "singlespeed" cassette hubs than can accept 4-6 cogs.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    I just took 2 cogs out of my 9 speed setup. The cassette is now the same width as a 6 speed so there's very little crosschaining. I have 2 rings on the front. My only cost was a 3.00 spacer. gear spacing is 11-13-15-17-20-26-34. It feels much better without those two useless gears.