mountain biker

problem with stuck disc brake pistons...

Has anyone encountered the following problem with their hydraulic disc brake pistons and been able to fix it?:

I have 2005 XT hydraulic disc brakes on my Specialized Enduro. The pistons in the rear caliper no longer travel the same distance when I activate the lever. What ends up happening is that when I squeeze the brake lever, the inside piston barely moves, and the outside piston travels the entire distance to the disc. This makes it near impossible to set up the system with no drag. I've reset the system (pushed the pistons back with a clean screwdriver), I've had the system bled twice, and it still won't work. The weird thing is that when I squeeze the lever and hold the outside piston down, the inside one moves properly. It's like there's some sort of imbalance in the amount of fluid both pistons receive...

(btw, what I mean by inside piston is the one of the wheel side...)

Any ideas of what to do would be appreciated. I'd rather fix it than have to send it back for warranty... in fact the warranty is probably gone on it anyways... it's at least 18 months since the date of purchase.

Thanks for your help....
    continuous growth is the strategy of a cancer cell.

Former Bike Wrench
    take this to the brake forum

mountain biker
    oops... hadn't seen that forum... I'll search in there, and post this thread if I don't find what I need. Please consider this thread dead.
    continuous growth is the strategy of a cancer cell.