Thread: Pedal threads

mtbr member

Pedal threads

I just got a set of Time ATAC XS pedals for my XC rig. I noticed that they are threaded 9/16 inch, but the old Shimano's I took off are 15 mm. I have not ridden them yet because there is just a little wiggle in them on the crank arm. Any thoughts on this, can I use these things or should I keep looking?

Meh.
    Have you threaded them in all the way? And have you torqued them down? They should be the same.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhinaz
    I just got a set of Time ATAC XS pedals for my XC rig. I noticed that they are threaded 9/16 inch, but the old Shimano's I took off are 15 mm. I have not ridden them yet because there is just a little wiggle in them on the crank arm. Any thoughts on this, can I use these things or should I keep looking?
    9/16" is what all mtb pedal threads are. (perhaps the 15mm refers to the size wrench you put on the flats of the pedals).
    There should be no wobble upon installing, so make sure they're on there good (and use some anti-sieze or grease on the threads).
    [SIZE=1][/SIZE]

Mantis, Paramount, Campy

Speaking Of Pedal Threads....Unrelated Topic

Are all pedals 9/16" by 20 or are there some that are 9/16" by some other thread pitch?

I have a crank arm that is labled 9/16" by the pedal hole but I have tried 3 different pedals and they are all VERY reluctant to thread in.