Thread: PC991 hollowpin

mtbr member

PC991 hollowpin

is there a special chain tool needed to remove the pins? or some sort of adapter that fits a standard chain breaker?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Havoc138
    is there a special chain tool needed to remove the pins? or some sort of adapter that fits a standard chain breaker?

Check out the Sram website as they have Technical manuals in PDF you can download.

Cheers and good luck.
    Last edited by Mullos; 01-12-2006 at 07:26 AM.

Singletrack Addict!!!
    I use regular chain breakers to cut to lengh and then everything else is done with the power link, if you manage to break one, only use a new powerlink, do not add a link of the ones removed as the pin will not hold and snap again. Granted powerlinks are quite expensive $4, but if you break a chain on the road, it only takes about a minute to replace.
    The world needs a huge socio-economic change...be it. We all need to ride more....

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Relayden
    I use regular chain breakers to cut to lengh and then everything else is done with the power link, if you manage to break one, only use a new powerlink, do not add a link of the ones removed as the pin will not hold and snap again. Granted powerlinks are quite expensive $4, but if you break a chain on the road, it only takes about a minute to replace.
    thank you for the reply. for some reason my Park chain tool pin doesn't fit the hollow pins. maybe other brands do