Thread: PC991 hollowpin

mtbr member

PC991 hollowpin

is there a special chain tool needed to remove the pins? or some sort of adapter that fits a standard chain breaker?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Havoc138
    is there a special chain tool needed to remove the pins? or some sort of adapter that fits a standard chain breaker?

Check out the Sram website as they have Technical manuals in PDF you can download.

Cheers and good luck.
    Last edited by Mullos; 01-12-2006 at 08:26 AM.

Singletrack Addict!!!
    I use regular chain breakers to cut to lengh and then everything else is done with the power link, if you manage to break one, only use a new powerlink, do not add a link of the ones removed as the pin will not hold and snap again. Granted powerlinks are quite expensive $4, but if you break a chain on the road, it only takes about a minute to replace.
    The world needs a huge socio-economic change...be it. We all need to ride more....

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Relayden
    I use regular chain breakers to cut to lengh and then everything else is done with the power link, if you manage to break one, only use a new powerlink, do not add a link of the ones removed as the pin will not hold and snap again. Granted powerlinks are quite expensive $4, but if you break a chain on the road, it only takes about a minute to replace.
    thank you for the reply. for some reason my Park chain tool pin doesn't fit the hollow pins. maybe other brands do

Members who have read this thread: 0