mtbr member

Paging Speedub.Nate

Do you know if Speedhubs are available in 36 hole? Just thinking about the next bike project and would like the 36 hole for a 29er Speedhub equiped hardtail.

Thanks,
    Nater

On MTBR hiatus :(
    Quote Originally Posted by Nater
    Do you know if Speedhubs are available in 36 hole?
    Funny, I've mulling over a tandem 29"er and the only difference in the "tandem" version of the Speedhub versus the others are the oversized spoke holes -- yup, only 32 of them!

The symmetric build due to the evenly offset flanges makes for a really, really strong wheel, even when combined with a 700c rim, so I wouldn't worry about it. There are quite a few of us running Rohloff Speedhubs on our 29"ers without a hint of trouble.

speedub.nate
    MTBR Hiatus UFN

mtbr member

Thanks...

what size is your VD? That's one of three frames that I'm considering and the Buzz Bomb comes the closest without going custom. The only thing I'm put off by is the 22" TT on the 19.25" size. I'm used to TT at leat 1.5" longer than that.

It's their 19". I initially had the same sentiment as you regarding TT length, feeling a little more upright than I had on any of my previous bikes, but it's worked so well for me I've attempted to duplicate this riding position / cockpit setup on the bikes I have built up since.
    speedub.nate
    MTBR Hiatus UFN

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedub.Nate
    It's their 19". I initially had the same sentiment as you regarding TT length, feeling a little more upright than I had on any of my previous bikes, but it's worked so well for me I've attempted to duplicate this riding position / cockpit setup on the bikes I have built up since.
    Yeah, that's a good looking bike Nate. Hey aren't you supposed to go riding with me?

Quote Originally Posted by Wish I Were Riding
    Hey aren't you supposed to go riding with me?
    Who, Me? (Check your PMs.)
    speedub.nate
    MTBR Hiatus UFN