New to the Nicolai Clan

Options for changing out M760 cranks?

Have grown to like the external bearing based cranks. Have had an incident when my XT cranks "slipped" and therefore ended up with the cranks not being exactly opposite each other. The small teeth (splines?) were slightly damaged but my LBS said they were fine. I am nervous as I have started jumping a bit more and don't want to land to find my leg no longer attached to my body.

Have been looking at the RF Atlas, Shimano Saint, Truvativ Stylo and FSA V-Drive MegaExo. Would the FSA hold up to light Freeriding? I assume that the Saint is the stiffest (weighs the most). Are any of the others worthy?

Thanks

mtbr member
    id say Saint, comes with external berings too, so you probably wont have to change the cup's and the cranks come with the splined axle thing attached i think. plus you'll another set of bearings ready when you break your old ones.

Chrome Toaster
    The pinch bolts might not have been tightened enough if the splines stripped. The Saint (and maybe Hone) cranks have a steel insertfor the splines so those shouldn't strip. Don't know about FSA but Race Face has some very sturdy outboard bearing cranks.