mtbr member
    Mar 2004

Operating both Sram and Shimano trigger shift

Hi all,
    Due to the good reviews they have been getting, I was considering installing a Sram Attack or Rocket trigger shift on an older bike. I have another bike with a XT 9 speed trigger. For anyone that used both, would a user possibly have problems continually switching back and forth between the two on different bikes? Worse yet, I have another commuter that has a shorty grip shift. I don't have too much problems between those two since the physical motion to shift is so different.

Tnx, glenk

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Easy

Actually really easy...I had no missed shifts at all when I rented a bike with X.9 for 2 days.

It was SRAM rear mech as well, so the shimano 2:1 rear derailleur ratio may come off a little different than the 1:1 of the SRAM rear.

I will definately go with SRAM triggers and rear derailleur if my current stuff breaks.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004

No problem.

I'm running X9 triggers and der on my new dualie and XTR trigger/XT der on my hardtail. No problems going back and forth.

I will say that once you try the SRAM you'll wonder why anyone would choose Shimano.

"El Whatever"
    Quote Originally Posted by glenk
    Hi all,
    Due to the good reviews they have been getting, I was considering installing a Sram Attack or Rocket trigger shift on an older bike. I have another bike with a XT 9 speed trigger. For anyone that used both, would a user possibly have problems continually switching back and forth between the two on different bikes? Worse yet, I have another commuter that has a shorty grip shift. I don't have too much problems between those two since the physical motion to shift is so different.

Tnx, glenk
    Better yet... I don't remember if the Attack or the Rocket (most probably the Rocket) is a Shitmano compatible shifter. Put that to your bike with the XT. Check it on SCRAMP's (obvious misspell) page.
    Check my Site

I love Pisgah
    I've got 2 bikes with xtr and xt triggers, and another with the SRAM Attack triggers(used with xtr RD/FDs). Not any issues really. The SRAMs are more accurate, and more user friendly.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004

Thanks guys

Sounds like it won't be a problem.
    Supergo has both on sale, $45 for the Attack and $65 for the Rocket. Hopefully, the local store will have at least one of the models.

Tnx again, Glen