mtbr member

older specialized Q

Got a 2004 enduro FS frame , my question is that cranks are 64 / 73 mm use . i measured the width on the frame where the that all goes in, and it measured 67mm and some change , and i was told that if its 64mm use all 3 spacers ,2 on the drive side and one on the other , and if it's 73 mm use one on the drive side .. should i concider it being 64 MM ? I got a new LX and the outbourd bearings screw right in ,but now where to use the spacers concidering i dont have a TRUE 73 or 64 mm measurement.

Quote Originally Posted by C.M.S
    Got a 2004 enduro FS frame , my question is that cranks are 64 / 73 mm use . i measured the width on the frame where the that all goes in, and it measured 67mm and some change , and i was told that if its 64mm use all 3 spacers ,2 on the drive side and one on the other , and if it's 73 mm use one on the drive side .. should i concider it being 64 MM ? I got a new LX and the outbourd bearings screw right in ,but now where to use the spacers concidering i dont have a TRUE 73 or 64 mm measurement.
    Typical shell widths are either 68 or 73 mm, sounds like you have the 68. Use one spacer on the non-drive side, two on the drive side.
    "...the people get the government they deserve..."
    suum quique

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikinfoolferlife
    Typical shell widths are either 68 or 73 mm, sounds like you have the 68. Use one spacer on the non-drive side, two on the drive side.

For some reason i thought it was a 64/73 mm , My bad .. Now it all makes sence to me