Following the trend

Old XT crank (M752) chainring options

Hi,
    BLUF: What are the best options for a DURABLE 32 teeth chainring on my XT (M752) crankset?

My 44 and 32 teeth chainrings are shot. It used to not be so difficult to find these parts, but lately, with all the new XT variations on the market, it is harder and harder to find them. I have found a great deal on Nashbar for M760 (Saint) 32 Teeth rings for $14.99 but I have read that they are not compatible with M752. Why is that? Is it something I can modify with a dremmel? I did google and searched thison MTBR to death but came up empty since these type of questions are older than three years.

If it is truly impossible to modify the M760 part to fit, then what is a better, stronger (ie. more durable), and more available alternative?

I can't change the crank since the swingarm will hit most outer bearing cranks on the market; so, I want to go crazy and buy a lot (maybe 5 or 6) chainrings to last me the remaining life of the bike. (I ride less as I get older as my life gets more complicated)

Thaaaaaaanks,

Sal

AZ
    banned
    I believe that Race Face CR's fit with a bit of dremel work . Maybe someone else can verify this .

Former Bike Wrench
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ.MTNS
    I believe that Race Face CR's fit with a bit of dremel work . Maybe someone else can verify this .
    No dremel needed to put the RF rings on a XT crankset, they all work as sets. The RF Turbine S are designed as plug and play (inter-changeable individually).