Thread: Nylon Pedals

mtbr member
    Aug 2012

Nylon Pedals

I am looking at getting some average platforms to use temporarily to hone my skills before I go to clip less. Has anyone had experience with Nylon Pedals? I am looking specifically at these: Nukeproof Electron Flat Pedals 2012 | Buy Online | ChainReactionCycles.com
    I like the fact that they are lighter than their metal counterparts and have no paint to wear off. My main concern is durability. Does anyone have any experience/ suggestions? There seems to be little info on the web about this kind of pedal.

mtbr member
    while I havent used the nukeproof or this other pair, Ive heard good things about the Deity Compounds. deity Compound Pedals, which look almost identical

mtbr member
    I am considering getting some Odyssey JCPC pedals. Look into those.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    same pedals, less $$$...

Vein BMX - EZRA - Bike pedals

Choice of plastic pegs, or replaceable metal ones.

mini clyde
    Quote Originally Posted by FLMike View Post
    while I havent used the nukeproof or this other pair, Ive heard good things about the Deity Compounds. deity Compound Pedals, which look almost identical
    +1 on the Compounds ... I've run a pair for about a year of trail riding a couple of DS races. The bike has a fairly low BB (Trance X), so the pedals get dragged on the ground a couple of times on most rides. I haven't broken anything, and the axle end plugs have stayed tight, but I put a wrench on the pins when I lube the chain and each time a few of them will be *just* loose ... maybe 1/16 to 1/8 of a turn. The bearings have held up even though they're on the bike that gets ridden when it's sloppy out.

It seems like pedals with moar pins have moar grip, but these have enough for me with 5.10s. I like the (lack of) thickness, have had no problems rolling the pedal under my foot like i did occasionally with the Kona Jack Sh!ts I had before.

I cannot advise on how they compare to more expensive flats like Podiums, Crampons or Vaults, but for the money/weight involved I'm very pleased.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by mack_turtle View Post
    I am considering getting some Odyssey JCPC pedals. Look into those.
    These are pretty bombproof as far as nylon flats go. The pedal is two piece construction, acts as it's own bushing, and is held together by the traction pins/nuts.

You could do a lot worse than giving them a shot.