No Fear

Novatec ball bearing QR rear hub

Hi all.
    I spoiled my rear hub yester day . The cones were so tight on my Shimano M525 that caused the cups ‘ cones and the pellets .Although it had lived its life through out a year and a half of freeriding and downhilling But still usable so maybe im gona sell it. As im tired of cone hubs.
    I got an old Novatec rear hub. ( I use a 20mm TH on my front ) Not so old its for 2004 .
    First I thought to buy a 12 mm axel rear hub than shave a millimeter from each side and make it 10mm on the dropout section for fitting in my Stinky rear dropouts but then I thought I should keep with the standards .

So I got a Novatec ball bearing rear hub. I couldn’t find its web site on the net . So I want to ask you if you know anything about this brand ?

Then to put on some pro’s ant no’s on Cone /pellet hubs and ball bearing QR hubs.

Let me start myself
    Pros of ballbearing
    1 : No need for maintenance
    2 : No need for adjustments
    3 : Lower rolling resistance
    4 : The spindle deals way much better with impacts comparing to the QR spindle.

Go on for more…..Pre ThanX.

Freshly Fujified

It's Joytech's high end prduct

Here's a link to their web site:

http://www.joy-tech.com.tw/ (click the "Novatec" link at the bottom of their home page)

Not much experience with them personally, but the Ibex Atlas I purchased earlier this week had a wheelset built with their sealed bearing hubs. From what I can tell, they're an excellent value and give others in their price range a good run for the money.

Bob

edit: here's a link to the article that pointed me towards Joytech:

http://66.102.9.104/search?q=cache:S...nk&cd=20&gl=us
    'If Wal-Mart sold parachutes, who would jump?' Frank Havnoonian (quoting his father) Drexel Hill Cyclery

No Fear
    Thanx for the Links.