hmmm.

Non-threaded Chainrings

I just got a Blackspire Mono Veloce ring, and I was kinda surprised to see that it doesn't have threads on it.. I guess there's more than one way to mount them? So I was wondering if all I need to do was get longer bolts and find some nut to fit them. But the ring looks like it's designed to mount on the right side of the crank, but I'm running a bashguard. Is it safe to mount it on the inside of the crank? Or could I mount it on the outside with the guard? Thanks

mtbr member
    May 2007
    You need to get these little bolt thingies. I don't know how to explain it. On some cranks, you don't thread the bolt into the the actual ring. It has these rings that sit on the other side and the bolt threads into that. Raceface cranksets are like that.

I've not seen a threaded chainring before...more details on your crank/chainrings? Chainring bolts, with their nuts, come in a variety of lengths, might want to start looking here http://www.google.com/products?hl=en...num=1&ct=title
    "...the people get the government they deserve..."
    suum quique

hmmm.
    Came with the bike. According to the site it's a "FSA CK-306." Here's a pic..

Thanks for the link!

Made in Canada
    You need to get a set of chainring bolts, might need longer ones depending on your bashguard but any bike shop could fit you out with the right size. Oh and the Mono Velcoe mounts on the inside of the crank, it doesn;t mount flush on the outside (on my old crank anyways)

Here's a pic of it on my beater if that helps any, need to look close:
    STOLEN: '07 Banshee Viento - See Eastern Canada Forum for Pictures. If anyone sees it contact me ASAP!

hmmm.
    Ah, thanks for the clarification on that.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Some rings have the bolts screw right into them, but many newer ones they are not threaded and you use these two sided bolts that screw into each other. But I don't know where you can get them. Maybe ask the LBS.