Certified Bike Junkie

nokon full housing length?

I just bought one of those nokon kits from ebay that have two derailleur housings and cables, and the same fro the brakes... i am running a rohloff full housing so i need both of my derailleur cables to run to the rear hubb Am i going to have enough housing or do i need to get an extension kit? also can you somehoe connect them together so if i had an extra 4 ft or so i could run it wwith the existing cable?

Certified Bike Junkie
    hello!!!!!!!!!!anybody gonna answer my q i could use a little help on this one bro's!

neutiquam erro
    It sounds like you'll need a extension kit, but it all depends on your specific setup, how/where the cables are run, etc. When you first open the package, it looks like you have pitifully few links, but when you start putting 'em together, they all add up to a pretty decent length.

I don't understand your second question.

Cheers, Chris
    [SIZE=2]Now is the time on Sprockets when we hammer.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1]'05 Blur Classic (1x9) || '06 SIR9 (SS) || '06 Brompton P6L[/SIZE]

Certified Bike Junkie
    thanks- i was just wondering how the extension kit works

*R*O*W*Y*C*O*
    You'll need to get an extention kit and a liner kit as well.
    If you're running a continious length without a break in the liner you need the liner kit for the rear derailleur for sure.

You should have enough liner for the front derailleur by using the length in the kit you have designated for the rear (should have two pieces labelled for that). Measure it up and use the length that gives you enough.

I found the easiest way is to strip off all the little beads and start by measuring the liner length first. I've done three bikes now with a continuous liner (not housing, just liner) instead of using the junction/union piece they want you to use to join the lengths of liner together. I though it sounded better than the lame "lube port" they add to the system. No problems so far.

Then start adding the beads from the shifter end first. Leave the inner cable out until you've slipped all the beads on. Also leave yourself about an 1" extra liner just incase, you can always trim it off later. Lube the liner with a high quality lube along with the inner cable before assembly with something like Boeshield T9 Lubricant.

As for the brakes, I've never had to do this cable system for brake but I would think the same would apply.

I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
    Hunter S. Thompson

Certified Bike Junkie
    thanks a lot for the info i bought a nokon ext kit from jenson, so your telling me i have to buy a nokon liner ext kit as well?

*R*O*W*Y*C*O*
    If you're running a continuous housing I don't think you have a choice but to use a continuous liner as well. Liner kits aren't too badly priced and you get lots in a kit.

The original design of the system is to use a union to connect two lengths of liner together. That connection point is a lube port. It wouldn't be needed nor would it work for a full length housing, unless you had some sort of cable stop on either side of the liner break for the housing to compress against.

So yes, I would say you need a liner kit as well.
    Last edited by PUBCRAWL; 07-07-2007 at 06:59 AM.

I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
    Hunter S. Thompson