• 12-02-2012
    Flip D
    No Replacement BB92 Bearings?
    I purchased the bike that I have been wanting 3 months ago the BB92 shimano bearings are gritty and making that grinding sound(lots of water crossings.) I go to order new bearings and can't find any. Can you replace bearings in a BB92 BB that is compatible with shimano hollowtech? I have been searching for days and can't find any reference.
  • 12-02-2012
    Bike Whisperer
    Replace it with an Enduro and you won't have any problems
    PRESS-IN MTB BOTTOM BRACKET FROM REAL WORLD CYCLING
  • 12-02-2012
    Flip D
    Thats the one I'll probably end up getting. I like their system and have had good luck keeping bearings going by applying grease between seal and the bearing and cleaning and re-applying it regularly. I wonder if I could use a bearing puller to get those bearings out when they are toast?
    $58 BB - $15 bearings = $43 worth of Delrin. Just makes me angry that the only bike I wanted was only available in an inferior, new and improved standard.
  • 12-03-2012
    AlexRandall
    BB 92 are just standard outboard bearing sized races, but they press into the frame rather than into threaded BB units. You could go in to any bearing shop and ask for them once you read the number printed on the race.
  • 12-03-2012
    Andrea138
    Your local shop can order them through QBP.
  • 12-03-2012
    customfab
    The only thing that is different about the BB92 fitment is the cups. The bearings are the same as the Shimano thread in BB. And BB90/92 actually bring something to the table unlike BB30 which is only better for frame manufactures.