Oji
    Jun 2008

NFS chain lube application method?

I've seen posts citing very sparing application of NFS lube to chains. I just acquired some and am curious as to how experienced users actually apply as little as three drops to the entire chain as has been mentioned. For many years I have applied lube to each individual roller and am able to do so quite quickly despite the meticulous nature of this method. Doing so with NFS would clearly exceed the volume typically cited among aficionados. I'd be grateful if any experienced NFS users would please share their method for applying limited volume of this product to a chain.

Thanks.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    TC, thanks for the attention. I've been telling folks to apply about 10 drops to a chain in need of lube and about 5 drops for a refresh. It's impossible to define those two things but many know it when they see it Chains that need 10 drops often will make more noise than usual or even hear a squeak. Maintining a healthy chain involves frequent inspection, wipe the sideplates HARD between every ride with a cotton rag.

Hope that help. TT
    Quote Originally Posted by twangcat View Post
    I've seen posts citing very sparing application of NFS lube to chains. I just acquired some and am curious as to how experienced users actually apply as little as three drops to the entire chain as has been mentioned. For many years I have applied lube to each individual roller and am able to do so quite quickly despite the meticulous nature of this method. Doing so with NFS would clearly exceed the volume typically cited among aficionados. I'd be grateful if any experienced NFS users would please share their method for applying limited volume of this product to a chain.

Thanks.