Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

"new" XTR cranks - what do I have?

732 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  ranchero7 
#1 ·
I just bought a set of almost new FC-M952 XTR cranks at a swap meet. These have 5 arms, not 4 like most XTR cranks I've seen. No small chainring (but there are holes for one), and 36 and 46 tooth for the others.

Anyone know what these are? can I use 110mm chainrings with them?
Thanks
Steve

#3 ·
How much did you pay? The 5-arm XTR's are more rare and IMO very desirable. They are pretty much my favorite cranks yet. Now go find yourself an M950 BB to go with them, not the M952 though preferably. I ran that setup for many years w/o a single issue. I really like the M950 BB since you can tune the chainline and also the drive-side BB cup has lots of threads which is great for an LRP or DRS. NIce score man!

#5 ·
m950 bottom bracket

Now if I can only find an m950 bottom bracket. Cambria just sold out. Any ideas?
Thanks
Steve

punkassean said:
How much did you pay? The 5-arm XTR's are more rare and IMO very desirable. They are pretty much my favorite cranks yet. Now go find yourself an M950 BB to go with them, not the M952 though preferably. I ran that setup for many years w/o a single issue. I really like the M950 BB since you can tune the chainline and also the drive-side BB cup has lots of threads which is great for an LRP or DRS. NIce score man!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.