New SLX Install Tool check and 1X 10 convert questions.
Hey Guys ,
Drive trains tend to be a bit confusing hoping for some help.
This is what I ordered.
BlueSkyCycling.com - Shimano SLX M670 3x10 Crankset w/ Bottom Bracket 10 Speed
Shimano HG81 10-Speed Cassette
Shimano XT HG94 10 Speed Chain
Tools I currently have not sure if all are compatible.
IceToolz Cassette Lockring Tool with PIN
Park Tool BBT-22
Park Tool bike tools CWP-7C Universal crank Puller for Square Taper and Splined
1. Will these tools do the job or do I need others ?
2. Will the Chain tool on my Topeak Hexus II do the chain install properly or should I order a dedicated one.
3. I have ((64/104mm BCD )) listed online. Im ordering a BBG bashguard. Im keeping the middle 32T ring which size BG do I order ?
4. Is it better to buy a chain guide like N stop or another bashguard for a "bashwich" ?
Anything Im overlooking ?
Re: New SLX Install Tool check and 1X 10 convert questions.
1. Cassette tool should be ok. You need park bbt-9 or 19 depending on your preference. Crank Puller not needed for external bottom bracket cranks.
Originally Posted by manmythlegend
2. Chain tool should work fine. I use a cheap, small park and it works fine.
3. Whatever size covers your biggest ring.. Either 32, 34 or 36 depending on what they offer.
4. Depending on your riding style and terrain a mrp 2x, blackspire stinger or even a clutch derailleur might be the ticket.
Originally Posted by Sheepo5669
Thanks for 1-2
Originally Posted by bigkat273
3. Products Is it the 64 or 104 BCD ?
Thats the number that confused me.
4. Ive never seen the blackspire until now so Im reading up. Is it for both chain tension and a guide ? Or does the added tension remove the need for a guide ?
outside is 104. inside or granny is 64.
the stinger and the like will both serve as a guide and a tensioner.
By dhelm72 in forum Tooltime
Last Post: 07-21-2012, 08:49 PM
By aluminum in forum Shocks and Suspension
Last Post: 08-12-2011, 02:20 PM
By tavorh1 in forum Tooltime
Last Post: 06-10-2011, 06:05 PM
By zc911 in forum Eastern Canada
Last Post: 05-03-2011, 09:49 AM
By RBikerSD in forum Tooltime
Last Post: 01-10-2011, 03:36 PM