mtbr member
    Aug 2008

New rear Der. - Setup different for FS?

I have a new rear der for my FS. Is there any difference in setup on a FS versus HT bike? I have heard some say there is because of the flexing rear triangle. If so what is the technique for adjusting properly (I don't see any mention of FS on park's site).

mtbr member
    Adjustment is the same for both.

The difference is that FS bikes need more slack in the cable housing so that it is not pulled tight when the rear suspension compresses. If it was working o.k. before and you used the old cable housing, or you installed a new housing of the same length, you should be o.k.
    To avoid injury, do not ride with your eyes closed

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    ok next question...reading through park's site and the instructions that came with it. When do I attach the cable?

Seems Like a dumb question but I am not entirely sure. Do I install it first thing when it is on the smallest cog and then set the H and L screws. Or set the H and L screws first by just moving the der by hand and then attaching the cable to do the indexing?

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    i set the high limit then attach the cable. then set low then adjust b screw and adjust index