Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

New Raceday suspension causes shifting problem ha.

551 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  JC2niner 
#1 ·
quick question. I just got a Gary Fisher Raceday Supercaliber and when the suspension moves on a bump the rear falls down a gear. If I bunny hop it moves down the cassette as well. Any help on how to stop this would be great. Does the chain need to be shortened. It is right out of the box etc. and I haven't had it on the trail yet. Just when I am riding around in the yard and the rear suspension moves the chain falls a cog. I want to think the stock chain is too long, or something like that....Thanks for any relpies in advance. JC

#2 ·
JC2niner said:
quick question. I just got a Gary Fisher Raceday Supercaliber and when the suspension moves on a bump the rear falls down a gear. If I bunny hop it moves down the cassette as well. Any help on how to stop this would be great. Does the chain need to be shortened. It is right out of the box etc. and I haven't had it on the trail yet. Just when I am riding around in the yard and the rear suspension moves the chain falls a cog. I want to think the stock chain is too long, or something like that....Thanks for any relpies in advance. JC
Sounds like the cable housing length and/or routing is wrong.

#3 ·
Cable outer length sounds wrong i.e: suspension compresses and causes the tension on the gear cable to reduce, therefore, th derailleur drops a gear. If you can't get your lbs to sort it run full length outer cable between shifter and mech, ala specialized, it will work

#4 ·
Thanks Shiggy and others, YOU GUYS WERE EXACTLY RIGHT. Took by my LBS and he called Trek/Fisher and the rep said that housing is too short near the pivot and that they have had some problems with the bike being built with housing too short at that point etc. etc. Exactly what you guys said. Put a new piece of housing on it and it is perfect now. Thanks guys, your advice really helped. JC

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.