Thread: New bike build

Just another Homer

New bike build

I'm having a difficult time deciding what crankset to go with. I ride what you'd call aggresive xc, with a lot of miles. I prefer something on the lightside knowing I'll more then likely wear it out before it's time due to the aggresive riding, but I'm willing to pay for that. I'm also sold on the ISIS system and would like to stay with it. I have Raceface Next LP's on my bike now and they have lasted 6 years with no real problems. The rings have been changed just recently though. So I do like RF ,but I'm willing to consider others. Any pointers or suggestions would be appreciated. Money isn't a big issue.

The bike I'm building is a Turner 5 spot, with a TALAS RLC, and mostly top of the line componets for the rest of the build.
    I may not be as good as I once was.
    But I'm as good once, as I ever was.
    Toby Keith

Get your freak on!
    Dec 2003
    Your Sold on ISIS?! I've never heard that before

If you want to stick with raceface, look at raceface Deus or Raceface Atlas cranks.

Or you could just stick with your current crankset.

Freshly Fujified

Holzfeller

Truvativ Holzfellers are built DH tough, but are very light. I own a set and love them. The older versions can be had for a song on ebay. Here's a set for $100.00 in bb. Exact same combo I own.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-TRUVATIV-HOL...QQcmdZViewItem
    'If Wal-Mart sold parachutes, who would jump?' Frank Havnoonian (quoting his father) Drexel Hill Cyclery