bro not pro

needed: left crank Shimano XT FC-M542 crankarm

stripped the splines in the left crank arm. from a 2008 Specialized Enduro. just replaced the bottom bracket one month ago so I don't want to replace the entire crank set. It's the Hollowtech or Hollowtech II type. just need the left crank. any ideas ? Gonz
    G O N Z

Trail Tire TV on blogger
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonz View Post
    stripped the splines in the left crank arm. from a 2008 Specialized Enduro. just replaced the bottom bracket one month ago so I don't want to replace the entire crank set. It's the Hollowtech or Hollowtech II type. just need the left crank. any ideas ? Gonz
    try a search but I believe Cambria bike outfitters still has a pretty good selection of both Sram and Shimano crankarms to buy separately from the whole crankset

Road Bike Mountain Bike Bikes on Sale Bike Parts, Bike Gear - CambriaBike.com
    Going to try and bring Trail Tire TV back. go take a look... http://trailtiretv.blogspot.com/

bro not pro
    thanks for the tip ...I found one at Universal Cycles for $87 plus tax and shipping - I'd rather put my money towards a better design.

Quote Originally Posted by thomllama View Post
    try a search but I believe Cambria bike outfitters still has a pretty good selection of both Sram and Shimano crankarms to buy separately from the whole crankset

Road Bike Mountain Bike Bikes on Sale Bike Parts, Bike Gear - CambriaBike.com
    G O N Z

Trail Tire TV on blogger
    87 bucks is darn near a whole new crankset.... Just the arm should be no more than 25-30 bucks
    Going to try and bring Trail Tire TV back. go take a look... http://trailtiretv.blogspot.com/

Trail Tire TV on blogger
    is that a square taper style BB? ya.. for the $$$ you can get a whole new SLX or Sram BB if you look around for a new/take off type sale... better and lighter with an external bearing BB ..

mtbr member
    Duct tape iz like teh Force. It has a Lite side and a Dark side and it holdz the Universe together.