I <3 29ers

Need some RF Turbine updating

It's always about being updated with me, isn't it?

I'm looking to shave some weight from the ride through this winter. The number one place i'm looking at is cranks and bottom bracket. I'm leaning very heavily right now with Race Face's Turbine.... and it's MANY incarnations.

So, the question - is there any difference between the Turbine, Turbine LP (Low Profile, right?) and Turbine Forged? If so - what?

As far as I knew the LP's were the same as the original Turbine, but with a lower Q factor. Now i'm seeing Turbine Forged more frequently - what's this about???? They're ALL forged! Was this a ploy by RF to do nothing more than change the look with a slightly different graphic?

Also, does the Forged crankset have the same Q factor as the LP's?

If someone can straighten me out on all/some of this it would be great. I feel i'm getting cranky with all the options. (yeah, okay, that was cheesy)

Also, can anyone tell me more than what the Weight Weenie's Listings page has with these different versions?

PATIA to all/any that can help!
    I ..... need ..... DIRT!!!!!

... and cookies.

mtbr member
    my understanding is that the LP & forged were the same model, just the forged being a bit later model (I could be wrong).
    The original turbine is the IB (I think it says forged on the box, but not on the crank), which req'd a 118 spindle (I've got one in NIB in my parts bin), rather than the 107-110 spindle on the later low-profile models (which I'm running on one of my bikes).

you'd get more difinitive answers on the retro board than here, I believe.

later,
    Serge
    [SIZE=1][/SIZE]

I <3 29ers
    Quote Originally Posted by logbiter
    my understanding is that the LP & forged were the same model, just the forged being a bit later model (I could be wrong).
    The original turbine is the IB (I think it says forged on the box, but not on the crank), which req'd a 118 spindle (I've got one in NIB in my parts bin), rather than the 107-110 spindle on the later low-profile models (which I'm running on one of my bikes).

you'd get more difinitive answers on the retro board than here, I believe.

later,
    Serge
    Thanks Serge. I think i'll just get a set then worry about the BB after to be sure I use the correct BB spindle length. Better safe than sorry, measure twice/buy once and all that good stuff.
    I ..... need ..... DIRT!!!!!

... and cookies.