Born on 2 Wheels

My Rear Derailleur Sram Attack Shifter is Screwed!

So as the title states my rear derailleur Sram Attack Trigger Shifter ive had for about 11/2 years is screwed. When i shift to take cable in or shift down it doesnt click or anything. Most of the time it will shift into that gear but you dont know when beacause there is no clicking noise. Also the shifter wont even going into the last 3 gears. Ive opeing in up and the "C" shaped thing that grabes the toothed wheel or whatever its callled is broke somehow its missing a spring or something beacause it wont grab the wheel to hold the cable in place properly. So should i call Sram up and see if they warranty it? Only thing i dont like about that is they will probably want me to send the shifter back until they send the a new one. Which means i wont be able to ride my bike for 2 weeks. Or Can i just buy a R Der. Shifter Pod online cheap?
    Please help me-
    Sam

THANKS!
    "Shut up and Ride"

Santa Cruz Heckler Ano Silver "Silver Bullet"
    Fox DHX 5.0
    Fox Vanilla 130 R
    AWSOME!

No, that's not phonetic
    Go to a bike shop and see if they have a used shifter bin. I just picked up a used rear X.9 trigger after I smashed mine in Moab. Cost me $30. Shifts great.
    My video techniques can be found in this thread.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004

An Alternative

Quote Originally Posted by NRSDude
    So as the title states my rear derailleur Sram Attack Trigger Shifter ive had for about 11/2 years is screwed. When i shift to take cable in or shift down it doesnt click or anything. Most of the time it will shift into that gear but you dont know when beacause there is no clicking noise. Also the shifter wont even going into the last 3 gears. Ive opeing in up and the "C" shaped thing that grabes the toothed wheel or whatever its callled is broke somehow its missing a spring or something beacause it wont grab the wheel to hold the cable in place properly. So should i call Sram up and see if they warranty it? Only thing i dont like about that is they will probably want me to send the shifter back until they send the a new one. Which means i wont be able to ride my bike for 2 weeks. Or Can i just buy a R Der. Shifter Pod online cheap?
    Please help me-
    Sam

THANKS!
    An alternative to sending your shifter to SRAM and waiting two weeks would be to buy the part you need and install it yourself. This of course is dependent on how comfortable you are with your mechanical skills. I would try www.airbomb.com, they have a large assortment of parts for components and perhaps they will have the part you need. This way you could cut the time you are without your bike down to a few days (providing you want to pay the postage).

Born on 2 Wheels
    i talked to one of my local bike shops today, i think im gonna let them send it off to sram. He said he could probably get sram to ship the new shifter out before he sends mine to sram so ill have it quicker. So now i just need to find some type of 9speed shimano trigger shifter! so i can ride my bike for now
    -sam
    "Shut up and Ride"

Santa Cruz Heckler Ano Silver "Silver Bullet"
    Fox DHX 5.0
    Fox Vanilla 130 R
    AWSOME!